Terms & Conditions
World Series of Day Trading
Total prizes of more than $3,000,000 in funded account value with a max prize of $240,000 funded account + $6,000 Tradenet voucher
Check the WSDT Full Prize List
The Trading Competition’s Terms & Conditions
- Every trader who qualifies for the competition receives access to a demo trading account with a trading balance of $240,000.
- During the competition period of six trading days, competitors will compete to achieve the highest balance.
- Rankings will be computed according to the account balance on the demo account at the end of each trading day.
- The competition’s starting and finishing times are identical for all participants.
- The registered competitor on WSDT records is the only one authorized to participate in the trading competition under the relevant demo trading account. The right to participate in the competition is non-transferable.
- Using certain trading patterns that are deemed illegal by regulators will result in the disqualification of the participant during or after the competition (In such a case, the participant will receive a prior warning and will be asked to stop using the specific pattern; failure to comply with the request will result in disqualification).
- Winners will be required to complete a short survey and provide a short video testimonial as per WSDT requirements to receive the prize.
- The participant irrevocably permits WSDT to publish their names, place of residence video and trading results, as well as live stats of their performance in the competition, without any remuneration or credit to the participant.
Competitors will be eliminated if they are:
- Trading on fewer than four active trading days out of the six.
- Holding a trading position at the end of the trading day.
- Holding a daily loss of $3,500 at any point during a trading day – for example, if you start a trading day with a balance of $245,000 you will get disqualified if at some point during the day, equity will go below $241,500.
- Holding a total loss of $12,000 at any point during the competition, so at any point during the competition, reaching an account value of less than $228,000 will result in disqualification.
- Trading using patterns or behaviors that are deemed illegal found unfair towards other competitors, or otherwise violate the fair-play spirit of the competition.
The World’s Largest Trading Competition, Today and Tomorrow
- The World Series of Day Trading is larger than any trading competition in history.
- Due to the nature of the competition, the supporting advisers from Tradenet will not provide platform guidance or support during the WSDT period.
- It is strongly advised to prepare, train, and familiarize oneself with the trading platform in the run-up to the WSDT.
- WSDT is unable to provide technical guidance (excluding issues of technical glitches) to competitors during the Competition.
- Competitors will be reverted to the relevant introduction material.
- The competition starts on US stock markets open on September 17, 2019, and lasts until September 24, 2019.
- Competitors cannot restart the competition for any reason following the official launch.
- Any updates or changes will be announced on one or more of the following outlets: WSDT website, Tradenet website, Tradenet’s Twitter, Instagram, and/or Facebook group.
- Follow the competition’s registration guide below to secure a position on the starting grid.
Enroll in the Competition
- The Competition’s registration period is limited. Enrollment to the competition starts at 9:30 am ET, August 15, 2019, and ends at 4 pm ET, September 12, 2019.
- Afterward, no further applications will be accepted. In special cases, we may agree to accept a late application, at WSDT’s own discretion.
- During and after the registration process, the verification stage will begin. During that time WSDT will attempt to contact all registered contenders.
- All registrations will have to go through phone verification.
The following details are required
- Full name.
- Email address.
- Valid phone number.
- Full address.
- Proof of identity (if required).
The minimum age for participation is 18.
Each person may only apply to the competition once.
Help us keep the competition fair!
- Make yourself available to answer our calls so we can verify your identity to enroll in the competition.
- After we successfully verify your registration details over the phone, you will receive a formal WSDT enrollment confirmation email.
The confirmation email will contain the following
- A link to the demo platform to download.
- Demo account login access (The buying power in the demo account will be set to 0 until the beginning of the competition).
- A unique competitor ID.
- Tips and tricks for the competition.
Get a Piece of the Action!
- To get the latest updates, including technical matters, winners and losers, and everything relevant - follow Tradenet on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook
- Every day of the competition will be covered live on Tradenet’s Live Trading Chat Room
- Top performers, grid positions, highest earners and the most brutal disqualifications. The entire drama will be broadcasted to you live by Tradenet moderators and social media team.
- Choose your favorite competitor, send us recordings of your experience in the competition, and watch how others react as the competition develops.
- Share your thoughts about the competition and discuss various strategies with thousands of live viewers.
- Getting disqualified doesn’t mean the fun has to stop… Grab a seat, relax in front of the live stream, and enjoy the show as top competitors battle for a podium position to win prizes valued up to $9,000 and access to trade a $240,000 funded account + $6,000 voucher from Tradenet.
- And if you are good enough… get yourself to the top of the chart and take the prize home!
- Think you have a shot for a winning position? What are you waiting for? Sign up for the competition now and let the fun begin!